Recipe by TMomofone
I got this recipe from my mother (like most of my good ones), and I changed it a little to suit us.
Top Review by Marilyn Collari
These were awesome!!!! Most Sweedish meatball recpies have a bunch of spices in them that I don't care for. These were absolutely perfect. We practically inhaled them. Served them with egg noodles. Delicious. Thanks for this great recipe.
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces ground pork
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 3 cups milk (skim works fine for lower fat)
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix egg and milk, then add breadcrumbs, onion, parsley and pepper. Mix with the ground meats and shape into balls (I get around 20 or so).
- Cook meatballs in a pan 1/2 at a time over medium heat until browned evenly on all sides (about 10 minutes).
- Replace all meatballs into a deep skillet or dutch oven type pot. Add flour, bullion and about 1 1/2 cups of the milk, stirring over medium low heat, adding the remaining milk gradually, about 1/2 cup at a time, as the sauce begins to thicken.
- Cook until all the milk is incorporated and sauce is thickened. Serve over hot noodles.