Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I have Summer Squash running everywhere and am trying to find interesting things to do with it. I made this and served it with cheese omelets for breakfast. But it would be good as a side dish also. The kids ate it so I scored points.
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 fresh chili peppers, minced (hot or not opt.)
- 2 tablespoons winter savory (or other herb)
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh parsley
- 6 cups summer squash, cubed (mix it up for color)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons oil
- seasoning salt
- Add oil to a wok and 1/4 stick of butter heat on medium heat.
- Then add the onions and peppers and cook until translucent, 3-5 minutes.
- Add squash and seasoned salt and saute until cooked but still firm. This will take around 10-15 minutes. Stir regularly.
- Add the rest of the butter then the herbs and salt.
- Saute to blend flavors and serve, approximately 5 minutes.