Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I love making this. It is so easy! None of my friends could believe how easy this was or how good!
- 1 (1 1/2 liter) bottlecheap red wine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 oranges, sliced into rounds
- 2 limes, sliced into rounds
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds, any other fruit you can think to put in it. I have used apples and strawberries
- Put sugar and water in saucepan over medium heat. Stir until dissolved. You're making a simple syrup so you want the sugar to just be melted into the water, not boiling. Take off heat and let cool.
- Pour wine into gallon pitcher and put sliced fruits in it. Stir.
- Pour cooled syrup into the wine mixture and stir real good. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- I usually take the fruits out after 3 days, if by some miracle it has not been all drunk up by then.
- You can use such cheap wine cause the fruits and sugar make the wine turn really good.
Oh...this is so fruity and yummy! Let it sit at LEAST for a few hours...(: Made for ZWT3, U.S. Drinks Challenge. So glad I made it. Thanks Jessica.
So good! We all enjoyed this by the pool this weekend. Very easy and very fun!