Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I love making this. It is so easy! None of my friends could believe how easy this was or how good!
Make and share this Simple Summer (or Anytime) Sangria recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (1 1/2 liter) bottlecheap red wine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 oranges, sliced into rounds
- 2 limes, sliced into rounds
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds, any other fruit you can think to put in it. I have used apples and strawberries
- Put sugar and water in saucepan over medium heat. Stir until dissolved. You're making a simple syrup so you want the sugar to just be melted into the water, not boiling. Take off heat and let cool.
- Pour wine into gallon pitcher and put sliced fruits in it. Stir.
- Pour cooled syrup into the wine mixture and stir real good. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- I usually take the fruits out after 3 days, if by some miracle it has not been all drunk up by then.
- You can use such cheap wine cause the fruits and sugar make the wine turn really good.
Oh...this is so fruity and yummy! Let it sit at LEAST for a few hours...(: Made for ZWT3, U.S. Drinks Challenge. So glad I made it. Thanks Jessica.
So good! We all enjoyed this by the pool this weekend. Very easy and very fun!