Recipe by Hey Jude
This is best made with organic chicken....the only chicken I serve to my family. The ones I buy are usually on the small side and cook more quickly than those plump monsters that are bought sealed in plastic. This is my classic kind of recipe - simple and tasty....the chicken is marinated AFTER cooking, rather than before. This is good served with steamed new potatoes, cole slaw and ice cold beer. Source is Chicago Tribune Magazine.
- 3⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (3 lb) chicken, quartered
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix lime juice, olive oil, ginger, sugar and garlic in a large bowl; set aside.
- Rinse chicken pieces and pat dry; season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the chicken directly over a medium-hot fire on a gas or charcoal grill for about five minutes on each side; shift to indirect heat and continue cooking until done but moist, about another 10 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from grill and place into bowl of marinade; let the grilled chicken absorb the fragrant juice for about 5 minutes, then serve.