Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simple Syrup is little more then a mixture of sugar and water. The sweetness and/or density is a matter of preference. Thin and medium syrup is best for cocktails, while thicker syrup is used for sundaes, fountain drinks and deserts.
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup sugar, for thin syrup (for medium syrup use 2 cups, for thick syrup use 3 cups)
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Pour in sugar. Stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove saucepan from heat and allow contents to cool.
- Refrigerate in a sealed container until ready for use.
So simple-I never knew! Thank you, Grace, for posting a much needed recipe!!!
I made this for a cocktail recipe. I had no idea what it was either, until I did a search and found your recipe! lol Thanks for posting! I took a pic, but it's not as nice as the one already shown here, so I won't post it!
We used this in our Mojitos, and it worked perfectly! The recipe I had was for a home made mix and called for simple sugar (I must admit I had no idea what simple sugar was... turns out it is a simple sugar water mix LOL) and I was delighted that I found your recipe. Thanks so much for posting your recipe, it has become a regular at our home ;)