Recipe by Pepper Monkey
This a simple to make and easy to use sugar scrub. You may have seen simmilar versions selling in chain stores that are expensive. However, this is simple to make and easy to make variations of. Its good for exfoliating any part of your body and seems to work well on my sensitive skin. It makes my skin soft without having to spend a lot which is important when you are a broke student! I hope you enjoy! This originally callled for one cup olive oil, but i have since changed it to 1/2 cup to reflect the reccomendations of others.
Top Review by TexasKelly
I give this 5 stars. I wanted to exfoliate before using a self tanner and I hate spending so much money on the scrubs sold in stores. This was cheap to put together and worked great on my skin, it feels so soft. I did skip the lemon, but used a couple drops of vanilla oil I happened to have. Thanks for posting this!
- 1 clear plastic jar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- lemon juice (optional)
- scented essential oil (optional)
- mix the sugar and olive oil in the plastic container. I do not recomend using a glass jar for this, since you will most likely have this in your bathroom.
- add any optional scents you like. I have discovered that adding peppermint oil or orange oil helps refresh you, while lavender is more soothing. My favorite oil to use is sandlewood.
- to use: place some on a wash cloth and rub in circles anywhere you need exfoliation. After letting it sit for awhile the sugar may settle to the bottom, so it may be necessary to shake this up a little before using.