Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This came from a package from Aldi's. I have not tried this just posting for safe keeping.
- 1 cup baker's corner granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- In large bowl, mix sugar and butter. Beat in egg and vanilla until light and fluffy. Mix in flour and baking soda.
- Divide dough into halves. Shape each half into roll about 1 1/2"-inch in diameter. Wrap each half in wax paper and refrigerate for approximately 1 hour until chilled.
- Preheat oven to 375. Unwrap rolls and cut into 1/4"-inch slices. Sprinkle each slice with a pinch of sugar. Place on ungreased pan and bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Cool on wire rack. Store in air tight container once the cookies have cooled.