Prep 25 mins
Cook 7 mins
This recipe is easy, quick, and gives the impression of a gourmet chef! The ingredients are simple, but the taste is truly "succulent"!
- 1 lb unpeeled large fresh shrimp or 1 lb unpeeled large defrosted shrimp
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- crushed red pepper flakes
- chopped parsley (dried works just as well)
- 8 ounces pasta or 8 ounces rice
- First, Peel shrimp and devein if desired.
- Then, saute garlic in olive oil for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Next, add the butter and shrimp.
- Cook until shrimp are somewhat pink.
- Finally, stir in wine and red pepper.
- Reduce heat and allow shrimp fully cook.
- When finished, sprinkle with parsley and serve over pasta or rice.
- A few notes: Many of the ingredients can be altered to your own taste.
- I recommend the following: 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper1/4 cup of FRESH or 1/8 cup of dried parsley.
- add more butter if you'd like.
- serve over angel hair pasta.
This is the first time I have ever cooked, or eaten for that matter, shrimp. I LOVED it! The flavor was really amazing. I used 5 cloves of garlic, italian parsley (fresh) and in a separate pan I sauteed some mushrooms in some olive oil, garlic, white wine, salt & pepper, and added them right at the end. All I had in the house was fettucini noodles, next time I will make sure to use the angle hair as I think it would have been a better match for the recipe. This was a big hit in my house. Thanks for the post, I will be serving this again.
This was fast,easy,tasted excellent, and even looked elegant. I plan to make this recipe again for company. I did add the fresh parsley and fresh Parmesan cheese as suggested by the recipe poster, which I think were essential ingredients. I did not add anything extra, although if you adore garlic, I see no reason why you couldn't add even more. A winner of a recipe!
I have been looking for a basic simple scampi recipe for ages and this more than fit the bill. We followed the recommendations for parsley and crushed red pepper which were just right. Next time I think I will cut down some on the butter but the taste was excellent!