Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
There are plenty of great stuffed zucchini and squash recipes here, but they all have an ingredient that I cannot either digest or blisters my mouth (tomatoes..the acid is killer!) I found this one and I really like it. Baked or grilled, it's so easy and delicious and I always have everything on hand.
Top Review by Wanda Bonham
It was so good that my husband requested that I make this again tonight. I did, but made a few changes. Used only 3 squash. Instead of using the butter crackers, I used 1 cup crumbled cornbread & 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs. Instead of using parmesan cheese in the mix, I used pepper jack cheese & melted parmesan cheese on top. It was much better since it had a slight kick to it, but still missing something. <br/><br/>I am going to try again (maybe not tomorrow night) & add some different ingredients to see what I come up with.
- 6 medium zucchini or 6 medium yellow squash
- 3 cups butter-flavored cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the veggies and cut off the ends, but do not peel. Cook in boiling salted water for 5 minute or until tender. Halve lengthwise and scoop out pulp.
- Combine pulp and other ingredients, except butter, in a bowl until well-blended. Spoon back into the hollowed out shells. Dot with butter and sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.