Recipe by Audrey M
I make this on the nights I don't have time to cook or don't feel like preparing a meal. It is simple quick and made with things that I have on hand.
- 16 ounces loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1⁄4 lb thinly sliced ham
- 1⁄4 lb sliced hard salami
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, divided
- 3 ounces sliced provolone cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon cornmeal
Directions See How It's Made
- Place bread dough on a lightly greased baking sheet; pat to a 15 x 10 inch rectangle.
- Arrange ham slices lengthwise down center; place salami on top.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon basil and 1/4 teaspoon oregano.
- Arrange provolone cheese over herbs, and top with mozzarella cheese; sprinkle with remaining herbs.
- Moisten all edges of dough with water.
- Bring each long edge of dough to center; press edges together securely to seal. Seal ends.
- Brush dough with 1 Tablespoon butter.
- Sprinkle with cornmeal and carefully invert.
- Brush top with remaining butter.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 22 minutes.