Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adaptation from McCormick's website - super simple but good "comfy" food. Makes having stroganoff easy.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package beef stew seasoning
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 (6 ounce) cansliced mixed mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- egg noodles, cooked
- Combine beef stew seasoning mix with water & set aside.
- Cook ground beef on low until done (~10').
- Add seasoning mixture, mushrooms and sour cream. Stir until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Cover and simmer 10'.
- Serve over cooked noodles.
The title is true...it is simple and easy. It seemed to be missing something in flavor. My DH who said, " Oh boy Stroganoff", before eating only ate one plate full. He didn't complain but I could tell it wasn't his favorite. I questioned him because I always do when I am making a recipe for a game which I will be reviewing. He said, "It was okay...but not as good as you usually make it." Made for PAC Spring 2012.