Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Needed something quick and light for a dessert. Inspired by other recipezaar recipes but with fewer ingredients.
- 7 ounces instant vanilla pudding
- 6 cups milk
- 6 cups fresh strawberries
- 1⁄3 cup sugar (more-less depending on sweetness of berries)
- 1 angel food cake
- Stem and slice strawberries and add sugar if needed. Toss until sugar is dissolved.
- Prepare pudding as directed on package and allow to soft set -about 5 minutes.
- In a large clear glass bowl or trifle bowl, tear half of the angel food cake into bite size pieces.
- Layer in half of the strawberries then half of the pudding and repeat layers.
- If you have time allow to sit in the fridge an hour to absorb juices of berries but it is good to go as soon as you make it.
This a great little desert! I used freah whipped cream instead and add glaze to the strawberries and used less sugar! everybody loved it!!!