Recipe by Kzim4
A simple (and cheap) replacement for store bought.
Top Review by Chef Two Hearts
Does this turn into strawberry jello after a night inthe fridge? Yes it does! But NO matter! After warming it back up to pour over my sour cream pound cake it tastes just as FABULOUS this afternoon as it did last night when I served it to dinner guests. This is truly a delightful syrup and this recipe gives me enough yield for dinner dessert Friday night and pancakes Saturday morning!
- 6 ounces strawberry gelatin
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen strawberries, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine geletin, cornstarch, and sugar in a large saucepan.
- Add water and stir to combine.
- Add strawberries and mash (I use my potato masher) to break into small pieces.
- Heat over medium-high heat until mixture boils.
- Continue to boil for 1 minute or until syrup thickens.
- Store in fridge.
- Warm syrup to serve.