Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple (and cheap) replacement for store bought.
- 6 ounces strawberry gelatin
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen strawberries, thawed
- Combine geletin, cornstarch, and sugar in a large saucepan.
- Add water and stir to combine.
- Add strawberries and mash (I use my potato masher) to break into small pieces.
- Heat over medium-high heat until mixture boils.
- Continue to boil for 1 minute or until syrup thickens.
- Store in fridge.
- Warm syrup to serve.
Does this turn into strawberry jello after a night inthe fridge? Yes it does! But NO matter! After warming it back up to pour over my sour cream pound cake it tastes just as FABULOUS this afternoon as it did last night when I served it to dinner guests. This is truly a delightful syrup and this recipe gives me enough yield for dinner dessert Friday night and pancakes Saturday morning!
This syrup is very good. Next time I will halve the recipe because it makes too much for me and my husband.