Recipe by Heirloom
I don't think this really qualifies as a recipe, more like combining a few different items for a super easy, delicious dessert. Throw the strawberries in the fridge before you start making dinner and then put it all together in just a couple minutes after the meal. Big hit with the husband...
- 8 ounces fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon sugar (recommended -- Vegan Cane Sugar)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup whipped topping (recommended -- Tru Whip, all natural whipped topping)
- 4 slices angel food cake
- 2 sprigs mint (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a ceramic bowl (retains the cold) sprinkle sugar and lemon juice over strawberry slices, mix until combined.
- Cover bowl with saran wrap and place in the refrigerator for about one hour.
- Place one slice of angel food cake on plate, top with 2 oz strawberry mixture and 1/4 cup of whipped topping. Place second slice of cake over whipped topping, top with 2 oz strawberries and 1/4 cup of whipped topping. Garnish with mint sprig if desired.
- Repeat with second shortcake.