Recipe by KitchenKelly
I serve this with cheesecake. You can change it up to use any kind of jam you would like. A slight guess on the yield.
Top Review by mums the word
Gorgeous colour, and a simple sauce to prepare. I started to mix in the cornstarch and it was thickening up really fast so I did not use all of it. As I continued to cook it, the sauce got too thick and I had to add more water to it. I have attached two photos for you. One is the sauce itself, and the other is the dessert that I used it on. Thx for sharing KitchenKelly. Made for Pick A Chef 2011.
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup seedless strawberry jam
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons warm water
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together sugar, jam and 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until blended.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, stirring constantly for about five minutes, or until jam melts completely.
- Simmer 10-15 minutes, until mixture thickens.
- Stir together cornstarch and 3 tablespoons warm water in a separate bowl until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Stir cornstarch mixture into jam mixture.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, then reduce heat and simmer 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.