Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This easy pie is a delicious end to a meal! The recipe is from a local periodical.
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 4 cups rhubarb, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 2 pie crusts, 9 inch
- Mix together strawberries, rhubarb, sugar, flour, and egg.
- Place a pie crust in a prepared 9-inch glass pie plate. Sprinkle lightly with sugar to prevent sogginess.
- Add strawberry-rhubarb mixture. Cover with vented top pie crust.
- Flute the edges to seal and cut off excess pie crust.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and continue baking for another 30 minutes. Pie is done when crust is a light golden brown.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, if desired.