Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is our standard strawberry recipe. Absolutely simple, but good enough to serve with cream at the poshest of dinner parties. The sugar and lemon draws the juice out of the strawberries, resulting in lots of lovely pink 'sauce' - so do try to soak them for at least 2 hours. (Preparation time does not include time needed to macerate the strawberries.)
- 500 g strawberries, hulled and halved lengthwise (or thickly sliced)
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in a non-metallic bowl, stir well and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours - more if possible.
- Serve strawberries with their juice in pretty bowls with cream.
Delicious both juice and strawberries and not too sweet which is good.