Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
An easy to make sauce to have on hand when you're throwing together any kind of stir fry. Works with veggies, chicken, beef, pork......
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine or 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth (can substitute chicken or vegetable broth too)
- In a large jar, mix all the ingredients together and shake until blended.
- Can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Shake well again prior to using.
- To use: Once your stir fry is just about done, add the sauce for the final 2-3 minutes of cooking.
This is a very good basic sauce and calls for ingredients most of have at hand all the time. I did find that the amount of cornstarch is just too much - half is ample for us but we do not like a very thick sauce. Also sugar can b e reduced somewhat to taste. Anyway, excellent basic recipe which will be used often. Thanks - just what I wanted.
A great, and as it is advertised, simple sauce. Husband and I gobbled it up, kids weren't quite as enthusiastic. I did not have wine, so I used water as directed, and chicken stock.