Recipe by C & D's Mommy
An easy to make sauce to have on hand when you're throwing together any kind of stir fry. Works with veggies, chicken, beef, pork......
Top Review by waynejohn1234
This is a very good basic sauce and calls for ingredients most of have at hand all the time. I did find that the amount of cornstarch is just too much - half is ample for us but we do not like a very thick sauce. Also sugar can b e reduced somewhat to taste. Anyway, excellent basic recipe which will be used often. Thanks - just what I wanted.
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine or 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth (can substitute chicken or vegetable broth too)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large jar, mix all the ingredients together and shake until blended.
- Can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Shake well again prior to using.
- To use: Once your stir fry is just about done, add the sauce for the final 2-3 minutes of cooking.