This is another one of those simple recipes that takes minutes to make but are old fashioned good. The cabbage has beautiful color and it is still crisp. Brings out the flavor of the cabbage Use the other half of the cabbage for coldslaw etc.or invite more people over :-)
- Cut the 1/2 head of cabbage into 4 wedges, core removed.
- they should be about 1 1/2"-2" on the wide side.
- Place in a steamer, side by side, one cut side down.
- Steam for 6 minutes, flip carefully& steam for a further 6-8 minutes.
- Butter lightly, salt& pepper.
- Do not over cook.