1/9 Photos of Simple Steamed Cabbage, Simply Good
This is another one of those simple recipes that takes minutes to make but are old fashioned good. The cabbage has beautiful color and it is still crisp. Brings out the flavor of the cabbage Use the other half of the cabbage for coldslaw etc.or invite more people over :-)
My Private Note
- 1Cut the 1/2 head of cabbage into 4 wedges, core removed.
- 2they should be about 1 1/2"-2" on the wide side.
- 3Place in a steamer, side by side, one cut side down.
- 4Steam for 6 minutes, flip carefully& steam for a further 6-8 minutes.
- 5Butter lightly, salt& pepper.
- 6Do not over cook.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Steamed Cabbage, Simply Good
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 28.3
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 20.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 1.4 g