Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
One of my dad's faves...very simple, very tasty. Nice variation of hamburger stroganoff. My family loves it on cooked egg noodles or baked potatoes. Served with a veggie, this is a great throw-together meal when you're short on time.
- 1 sirloin steak, cut into very thin strips (about 1 lb.)
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- black pepper
- Brown meat strips and onion in skillet.
- Add mushrooms, milk, garlic, and soup mix; bring to boil.
- Mix together sour cream and flour, add to skillet, and heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over baked potatoes or noodles.
Awesome rich sauce. Next time I'll cook the steak separately since we like it medium rare and then add at the end. Yum!
Wow! This was so easy; and, although I'm not a stroganoff expert, this was very tasty! I had leftover steak and pasta to use up, so I tried your recipe. I prepared it exactly as written, although I am not a mushroom fan, so I left them out. It was simple and very good. I, too, love garlic, so I MAY have used more than 2 cloves...but, who's counting? Served with twice baked potatoes (more leftovers) and Creamy Cucumbers, with cucumbers from my garden. Thanks for making my leftovers into such a great meal!
Wow..my tastebuds were racing. Have to honestly say this was the easiest recipe I have ever used and quite simply the best tasting. Can't wait to have the leftovers tonight...