Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A sweet Italian neighbor taught me this long ago. I have it over mashed potatoes or noodles.
- 2 lbs sirloin steaks, 3/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 clove garlic (peeled, whole)
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Tenderize meat slightly, with a mallet.
- Remove all outside fat, and slice into pieces about 1/4 inch long.
- Season both sides of meat.
- Heat oil in bottom of 12 inch skillet.
- Add steak, garlic clove, and sprinkle with rosemary.
- Saute at high heat just until meat is browned.
- Serve with au jus.
This was fabulous. I had no idea how to cook steak and needed something easy and quick, and this was just the recipe! I used 1/4 tsp garlic powder instead of the garlic clove. I served it over egg noodles and my husband and I devoured it. Mmm!! We'll be using this recipe again.
Delicious! I made this the first time I ever cooked for my boyfriend...very simple, and he raved about it the rest of the night!
We loved this steak...just the right blend of seasonings.