Recipe by Jen T
The title says it all :) Makes a nice healthy alternative to a lettuce salad or coleslaw.
Top Review by chayamushka
This dressing is fabulous! I actually really dislike salads, but as my husband really needs to lose weight, I've been trying to include more of them in our diet. This dressing made the salad one I actually enjoyed, which is saying a lot. I used red wine vinegar.
- 1 bunch fresh baby spinach leaves (about 300g)
- 1 cup alfalfa sprout
- cherry tomatoes (optional) or sliced red skinned apple (optional)
- 2 medium lemons
- 4 sprigs of fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup spiced vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place spinach leaves on a platter.
- Mix through the tomatoes or apple slices if using.
- Top with the alfalfa sprouts.
- Pour over the dressing or serve on the side.
- TO MAKE DRESSING:.
- With a sharp knife remove lemon rind taking as little pith (the white part) as possible.
- With the motor running, and using a metal blade, drop the lemon rind & mint down the tube.
- When lemon and mint are finely chopped add the sugar, lemon juice, vinegar & pepper.
- Process until well mixed.