Recipe by JenPo
Necessity is the mother of invention. A vegetarian friend came to a cookout at my house and I wasn't expecting her, so I had to just throw something together. This was the result. They are not fancy, but I make them now when I get sick of my salad mix. You can add shredded cooked chicken, jalapeno or diced bell peppers, diced tomatoes, mushrooms, bacon, etc...when adding the spinach.
Top Review by Angie in St. Charles
Thanks for an easy idea for quesadillas. We have a quesadilla maker and it was nice to have a new combination of foods to try. I never thought to try spinach (though I love spinach). I like to use Monterey Jack cheese with jalapanos along with cheddar cheese when I make quesadillas. This was tasty and super easy to make. As I was eating it, I thought that it would be good with chicken, beef, and/or red and yellow peppers for variety. Thanks for giving us an easy recipe and new idea for quesadillas.
- 3 -4 cups Baby Spinach, salad
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese, pre-shredded
- 4 -6 tortillas
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 -3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream, to serve
- 1⁄4 cup salsa, to serve (I used white corn and black bean salsa)
Directions See How It's Made
- Tear spinach so that it does not all come out in one bite.
- Butter one side of a tortilla, drop in hot pan.
- Dump torn spinach in along with a handful of cheese. Sprinkle with chili powder.
- Fold tortilla in half over ingredients, omelet style.
- They are done when both sides are lightly browned and the cheese is melted.
- Serve with sour cream, salsa, whatever else you have on hand.