Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Necessity is the mother of invention. A vegetarian friend came to a cookout at my house and I wasn't expecting her, so I had to just throw something together. This was the result. They are not fancy, but I make them now when I get sick of my salad mix. You can add shredded cooked chicken, jalapeno or diced bell peppers, diced tomatoes, mushrooms, bacon, etc...when adding the spinach.
- 3 -4 cups Baby Spinach, salad
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese, pre-shredded
- 4 -6 tortillas
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 -3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream, to serve
- 1⁄4 cup salsa, to serve (I used white corn and black bean salsa)
- Tear spinach so that it does not all come out in one bite.
- Butter one side of a tortilla, drop in hot pan.
- Dump torn spinach in along with a handful of cheese. Sprinkle with chili powder.
- Fold tortilla in half over ingredients, omelet style.
- They are done when both sides are lightly browned and the cheese is melted.
- Serve with sour cream, salsa, whatever else you have on hand.
Thanks for an easy idea for quesadillas. We have a quesadilla maker and it was nice to have a new combination of foods to try. I never thought to try spinach (though I love spinach). I like to use Monterey Jack cheese with jalapanos along with cheddar cheese when I make quesadillas. This was tasty and super easy to make. As I was eating it, I thought that it would be good with chicken, beef, and/or red and yellow peppers for variety. Thanks for giving us an easy recipe and new idea for quesadillas.