lovely light lunch or side dish in dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1heat oil in a large pan.
- 2Add onions and cook for 3 minutes stirring occasionally till they begin to soften.
- 3add the potatoes, water, marjoram, thyme and bay leaf. pinch of salt for taste.
- 4bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and cook gently for about 25minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- 5remove the bay leaf and herb sprigs.
- 6add the spinach and water cress and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, just until it is completely wilted.
- 7allow the soup to cool slightly, then transfer to blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- 8return the soup to the sauce pan and thin with a little more water, if wished.
- 9season to taste with salt pepper and nutmeg.
- 10place over a low heat and simmer until reheated.
- 11ladle soup into bowls and swirl cream into each bowl(optional).
- 12for vegan omit cream.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Spinach and Watercress Soup
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.6
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 67.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: