Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
lovely light lunch or side dish in dinner.
- 200 g watercress, washed
- 200 g Baby Spinach, washed
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 onion
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- cream (optional)
- mixed herbs (optional)
- heat oil in a large pan.
- Add onions and cook for 3 minutes stirring occasionally till they begin to soften.
- add the potatoes, water, marjoram, thyme and bay leaf. pinch of salt for taste.
- bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and cook gently for about 25minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- remove the bay leaf and herb sprigs.
- add the spinach and water cress and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, just until it is completely wilted.
- allow the soup to cool slightly, then transfer to blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- return the soup to the sauce pan and thin with a little more water, if wished.
- season to taste with salt pepper and nutmeg.
- place over a low heat and simmer until reheated.
- ladle soup into bowls and swirl cream into each bowl(optional).
- for vegan omit cream.