Recipe by sandginnyc
Simple and addictive recipe from Bon Appetit. Great as an appetizer. Shichimi-togarashi is a Japanese seasoning (made from dried chiles, sesame seeds and seaweed) and can be found in the Asian aisle of some supermarkets.
- 3 large baking potatoes, peeled and cut lengthwise into 1/2 inch strips and then again into 1/2 inch wide strips (Russet, Idaho)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt (sea salt)
- 1 teaspoon shichimi-togarashi
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees with rack on top.
- Put potatoes on parchment lined baking sheet.Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
- Roast for 25 minutes. Flip over and roast for 15 - 20 minutes longer (or until golden and tender).
- Mix salt, shichimi and sugar in small bowl and sprinkle over fries.