Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Its in the name! Simple and Spicey! Oh and garlic of course :)
Make and share this Simple Spicey Red Pasta Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 6 ounces red wine (use tomato paste can)
- 2 teaspoons chili flakes
- 10 -15 sliced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sugar (to taste)
- Open all cans first.
- In a sauce pan heat olive oil on medium heat.
- Add chili flakes.
- Saute 1-2 minutes until slightly darkened.
- Immediately add stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, and tomato paste.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add wine.
- Lower heat and add sliced garlic cloves.
- Cover and simmer on low for 20 min
- Serve over light pasta.