Prep 6 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are delicious alone, as a hostess gift, or on top of a salad. Taking under 15 minutes, you might be making more often then you think!
- 1 lb pecan halves
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread: pecans on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 5-6 minutes just until begin to smell.
- Cool. Set aside.
- Toss: the sugar, salt, and cayenne in small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine in large saucepan: oil, honey, and water. Heat to boil, stirring constantly.
- Add nuts, reduce heat. Stir 3-5 minutes until liquid is evaporated.
- Toss with sugar mixture, quickly coating evenly. Spread on cookie sheet to cool completely.