Recipe by coconutty
I adapted this recipe from one in Mireille Guiliano's book. The coconut oil I use is the expeller-pressed version, available from tropicaltraditions.com. You could substitute regular virgin coconut oil which would impart a slightly coconutty taste.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 10 ounces organic frozen cherries, thawed
- 1 pinch cardamom or 1 pinch nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter and coconut oil in a large skillet. (Do not let the skillet become too hot -- coconut oil has a low smoking point.).
- Add cherries and spice.
- Cook over low heat about 3 minutes, until tender but not mushy.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.