Prep 1 min
Cook 2 mins
Desperate for something soothing while battling with a runny nose, I made this today using whatever I had on hand, and relished every bit of it! This is great for the cold weather, and just the perfect remedy for red noses and itchy throats... and it tastes wonderful as well! Please note that microwave times with vary depending on the manufacturer.
- 1 cup cold unsweetened apple juice
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 tea bag (use your favourite variety)
- Pour apple juice into a microwave-safe mug, add spices, and nuke at full power for 1 1/2 minutes or until it is hot, yet drinkable.
- Remove from the microwave and steep the tea bag for as long as you like; I like a mild tea flavour so I just swish it around for about 15 seconds.
- Remove tea bag and drink immediately!
Anu, this was quick, simple and tasty! I used Green tea and let it soak about 1 minute, not squeezing the bag when I took it out! Thanks for this quick fix!
AWESOME! I really, really liked this yummy tea-creation. It was so fresh and fruity as well as warm and spicy. Mmmm!
For the tea I used a roiboos tea with cocoa nibs and that was very nice!
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this keeper with us, Anu!
Made and reviewed for the apple events in the Diabetic and Spanish Forum October 2010.
This is really good stuff! I loved it! However, next ime I'm making it I will add a small stick of cinnamon instead of powder, or filter the prepared beverage for a clearer tea. Thanks for posting Anu.