these are by far not your traditional americanized tacos....no cheese, no lettuce, not a tomato in sight! with only sliced bell pepper and onion for veggies this simple recipe is loaded with fantastic flavor!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs flap steak or 2 lbs flank steaks
- 1 lime, quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper, fresh cracked
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1combine ingredients 2 - 10 in a large ziplock bag, add meat & seal.
- 2shake bag around to distribute spices.
- 3let marinade for 1 hour.
- 4in the mean time, slice bell peppers, onion, jalepenos and juice the second lime.
- 5in a large skillet heat butter and saute veggies, jalepenos & lime juice until soft, approximately 15 minutes.
- 6bbq the meat until cooked to medium doneness -- don't overcook, carne asada should be juicy and light brown not dried out and burnt to a crisp.
- 7sprinkle tortillas with water, wrap in wet paper towels and heat in the mircowave until warm. you can also heat them with direct heat on a gas stove -- do not try on electric.
- 8cut carne asada into small pieces, put in a tortilla and top with onion and peppers. devour!
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Spanish Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 483.6
- Calories from Fat 278
- Total Fat 30.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 88.5 mg
- Sodium 369.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 24.6 g