Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
So this is how you make rice like the restaurant? It definitely has a lot of oil in it, but it is also quite delicious. I felt like I was out to eat. I always wondered why their rice tastes so much different. Serving size is estimated.
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 cups water
- 1 chicken bouillon cubes or 1 tablespoon instant bouillon granules
- 2 dashes cumin
- 2 dashes garlic pepper seasoning
- Heat oil in large frying pan or pot on medium heat.
- Add rice and cook until grolden brown.
- Add the chicken bouillon cube to the 4 cups of water and microwave for about 3 minutes.
- If you are using powder you can skip the microwave and just add the powder to the water.
- When rice is brown, add water, tomato sauce, salt, garlic, cumin, and garlic pepper. Add the water slowly as it will steam.
- Stir and cover the pan. Let simmer for up to 30 or 40 minutes.