Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This goes great with my Baked Mexican Chicken Thighs. Start the rice after the chicken is in the oven, make a salad, and dinner will be ready within an hour. If you prefer to use brown rice, just adjust the cooking time according to the recommended time on the rice package.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 1⁄2 cups hot water
- Heat oil in large saucepan.
- Add onion, green pepper, rice, and chili powder. Stir over medium heat until veggies are lightly browned.
- Add hot water and tomato sauce, bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover, and cook 20 minutes until rice is tender.
- Fluff with fork before serving.