Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was found in the Vegetarian Passport Cookbook. Use the freshest ingredients possible for the best results.
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1 cup Baby Spinach, torn pieces
- 2 cups boston lettuce, torn into pieces
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 Spanish onion, sliced very thinly
- 10 -12 green olives
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together until well mixed.
- Just before serving, toss with salad.
A very nice combination. I used Manzanilla olives, and I think they made it really special. I reversed the oil and lemon portions for our tastes. Served 2 for big veggie eaters.
I dont care for fussy salads with so many toppings you cant taste the freshness of the lettuce so this salad was perfect for me. When looking thru the olive bar at our local grocery store I spotted some Kalamata olives that looked very good so subbed those for the green olives. Loved the simple dressing, all the wonderful greens, and the vege's were just enough. Will make this salad again! Made and reviewed for Family Picks during ZWT8.
This was great! I can't eat many premade salad dressings and usually do oil and vinegar - I really liked the lemon juice, oil, and salt/pepper combination and will definitely be using it again. :-) For ZWT8