Recipe by looneytunesfan
This is a good basic way to serve this crunchy, mild favored squash. For variety, top with sesame seeds, mix with minced fresh basil, or combined with fresh chopped tomatoes. A 3 pound squash yields about 6 cups cooked squash.
Top Review by PaulaG
Loved it! The squash was microwaved making this a super quick vegetable to prepare. It was topped with green tomato pasta sauce and chicken meatballs. A nice healthy meal. Thanks looneytunesfan for posting.
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (or more!)
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated parmesan cheese, not that sawdust in a green can
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- The squash can be baked, microwaved or boiled. I choose to microwave. Place squash cut side down in a pan just large enough to hold an 1/4 cup water and cover with plastic wrap.
- Microwave on high for 14-15 minutes.
- When skin pierces easily with fork, drain and cool. Scoop out and discard the seeds.
- With a fork, transfer the spaghetti-like strands from the shell to a casserole dish.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Taste to adjust seasoning.