1/1 Photo of Simple Spaghetti Squash Parmesan
This is a good basic way to serve this crunchy, mild favored squash. For variety, top with sesame seeds, mix with minced fresh basil, or combined with fresh chopped tomatoes. A 3 pound squash yields about 6 cups cooked squash.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1The squash can be baked, microwaved or boiled. I choose to microwave. Place squash cut side down in a pan just large enough to hold an 1/4 cup water and cover with plastic wrap.
- 2Microwave on high for 14-15 minutes.
- 3When skin pierces easily with fork, drain and cool. Scoop out and discard the seeds.
- 4With a fork, transfer the spaghetti-like strands from the shell to a casserole dish.
- 5Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 6Taste to adjust seasoning.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Spaghetti Squash Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 54.3
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 8.7 mg
- Sodium 323.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.0 g