Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I don't like to do it all the time but sometimes when time is short or you've had an exhausting week, it's nice to just open a can of spaghetii sauce & throw together a quick dinner. I use the Campbell's sauce as I visit their factory sales at least once a year & stock up on soups etc.
- 375 g pasta
- 440 g spaghetti sauce (with beef)
Bulk it up Variation 1
- 125 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green capsicum, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
Stretch it out Variation 2
- 1 (420 g) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs
Creamy Comfort Variation 3
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook spaghetti according to packet directions.
- Heat sauce in a pan for approx 5 minutes.
- If using variation 1, saute the vegies until softened and then add to the sauce.
- If using variation 2, add all ingredients to the sauce & simmer together.
- If using variation 3, add ingredients to the sauce & stir until the cheese melts into the sauce.
- Serve sauce over pasta accompanied by a nice green salad & garlic bread & parmesan cheese.
This is a great way to dress up jarred spaghetti sauce. I have had spaghetti sauce similar to variations 1 and 2, so I decided to go with variation 3. I used Mid's spaghetti sauce which is made the next town over from where I live. I used their spaghetti sauce with meat which is very thick and meaty. I thought this brand would be a good one for adding the cream. I added some crushed red pepper flakes. The end result was a creamy, delicious spaghetti which I had with Recipe #207870. Made for March 2011 Aus/NZ Swap.
I was so pleasantly surprised how good this was. I guess I was expecting a really quick, throw-it-together, get it on the table taste with this. This was pretty quick and very tasty. I made Variation 1 but a little of Variarion 2 too, lol. I used a Fire Roasted Tomato & Garlic sauce, added some frozen meatballs, a couple of dashes of Italian herbs, and some parmesan cheese to top it off. Thanks Mandy for yet another keeper. Made for Went to the Market Tag Game.
For Bulk It Up Variation 1 but I use my own homemade sauce with ground beef I usually make this without the green capsicum but that is just our preference. Reviewed for MAKE MY RECIPE~Tag Game Ed't 10.