Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
An easy to make all-purpose soy dipping sauce for dumplings, potstickers, egg rolls, lettuce wraps, fondue dip, and cooked meats such as chicken wings and seafood. I make it and use a funnel to put the sauce into an empty glass salad dressing jar but any other jar would do.From an old magazine clipping.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce (60 ml)
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar (60 ml)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil (10 ml)
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 pinch hot red pepper flakes (optional)
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Add a pinch of hot red pepper flakes if you like heat.
There were only two things about this recipe that I regretted. First, I forgot to buy green onions (which I happen to love in my Asian dipping sauce) and second, there was not enough of this sauce for the 20 egg rolls I made. Really fantastic, enhanced the flavor of my egg rolls and put them over the top. BF liked it very much too. Thanks foodtvfan!
i love potstickers and this is a wonderful dipping sauce