Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Corn and Mashed potatoes are a marriage made in culinary heaven. With just 5 simple ingredients you can turn that medley into a bold side dish with flavors of corn, mashed potatoes, pablano and red peppers, sour cream and chives that pairs great with steak, pork or chicken. I created this dish due to my family always mixing their corn into the mashed potatoes.
- 1 (24 ounce) simply potato sour cream and chive mashed potatoes
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) canwhole kernel Mexican-style corn, with poblano and red peppers, drained
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 3⁄4 cup salted butter, divided
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) cornbread-muffin mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350°.
- Peel the corner of the Sour Cream & Chive Mashed Potatoes package to vent. Place the container in the microwave and heat on HIGH for 3 minutes.
- Completely remove film and stir.
- Return the package, uncovered, to the microwave on HIGH for 1 additional minute.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine drained southwest corn, cream corn, muffin mix and 4 oz melted butter. Stir to combine ingredients.
- Pour corn mixture into an ungreased 9"x9" rectangular casserole dish. Carefully spread mash potatoes on top of corn mixture (keeping the layer of potatoes on top).
- Place in preheated oven uncovered and bake 55 min or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, slice remaining butter and evenly distribute on top of casserole. Let stand 10-15 minutes before serving.