Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a soup that I make to get rid of left-over chicken. You can play with the amount of peppers in the soup to make it more or less spicy for your preference. This is a fun soup that you can vary every time that you make it. I've used salsa when I didn't have tomatoes and chilis on hand. Can garnish with green onions and/or sour cream.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 serrano chilies, diced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 corn on the cob, corn removed
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 cups chicken, cooked
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped (optional)
- Saute peppers, onion and garlic in olive oil until soft.
- Add corn & tomatoes, stir well.
- Add Chicken, stir well.
- Pour chicken broth over mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and serve.