Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is my mom's. It's a family favorite and I'm looking foward to it when i get back to the states. Make as little or as much as needed. Great for cookouts, with BBQ, or whenever. Takes about one hour including cooking time.
- 8 -9 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup chopped pickle
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 5 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 -4 tablespoons mustard
- after peeling and dicing potatoes place them in a large pot to boil until tender.
- drain the potatoes, add pickles, onions, and eggs then mix in mayo until its the desired consistancy.
- mix in mustard.
- salt and pepper to taste.
I had been searching for a good simple recipe for potato salad and I hit the jackpot on this one!!! I followed the recipe (just cut it down for smaller serving size) and omitted the onion and boy was it a huge success!
I offer these suggestions: Put the salt on the potatoes while they are still warm. Add some pickle juice or white vinegar to give it a twang. Also chopped celery is good in it. And some celery salt or celery seed. Paprika on top or olives if you like them.
This was my grandmothers way of making potato salad. Only thing different is she (and I) we boil the potatoes in their jackets and cool before cutting them up in the small cubes. Thanks for posting.