Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is my mom's. It's a family favorite and I'm looking foward to it when i get back to the states. Make as little or as much as needed. Great for cookouts, with BBQ, or whenever. Takes about one hour including cooking time.
- 8 -9 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup chopped pickle
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 5 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 -4 tablespoons mustard
- after peeling and dicing potatoes place them in a large pot to boil until tender.
- drain the potatoes, add pickles, onions, and eggs then mix in mayo until its the desired consistancy.
- mix in mustard.
- salt and pepper to taste.
I had been searching for a good simple recipe for potato salad and I hit the jackpot on this one!!! I followed the recipe (just cut it down for smaller serving size) and omitted the onion and boy was it a huge success!
I have made this same recipe for years,,, but I boil my potatoes in their skin,, much, much easier to dice up,,, also, I believe the potatoes have a better flavor.
This was my first time making homemade potato salad. I followed this recipe and it is the best tater salad I have ever had! My husband gave it 2 thumbs up, that is a lot of praise coming from him! Thank you so much!