Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is great for when you don't have much time and need some nice, warm comfort food. The ingredients are easy to keep on hand and clean up is minimal. Makes enough for two, so you can share or have leftovers for the next day.
- 1 (12 ounce) bagfrozen collard greens
- 1 ham bouillon cube, optional
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) boxbetty crocker golden corn muffin mix
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 package lean cuisine macaroni and cheese mix
- sweet tea
- brummel & brown margarine spread
- 1 (12 ounce) packagestouffer's harvest frozen apples
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (no substitutes)
- vanilla ice cream (Haagen-Dazs is best!)
- Prepare greens according to package directions, using ham bouillon if desired.
- Prepare corn muffin mix according to package directions, I like to use to lower fat Brummel& Brown spread instead of butter or margarine.
- Bake in small round pan and cut in wedges, or bake in bread pan and cut into corn sticks.
- Wash sweet potato, pierce with fork, wrap in paper towel and microwave until tender, 4-6 minutes.
- Microwave macaroni and cheese until done.
- (You can do this when the sweet potato is 1/2 way through cooking so the potato does not heat too fast.) In a small bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon.
- Set aside.
- Microwave apples until slightly thawed, place in small baking dish.
- Combine butter and flour mixture, crumble over apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, serve 1/2 sweet potato with a side of greens, 1/2 package macaroni and cheese, and slice of cornbread.
- Don't forget a large glass of sweet tea!
- Later, serve warm cinnamon apple dessert with ice cream.