1/1 Photo of Simple Sour Cream Biscuits
* Pamela *'s Note:
This is an adopted recipe. I made Homemade Biscuit Mix ( Substitute / Copycat / Clone ) with whole wheat flour and use that to make these biscuits. This is a basic recipe so you can add whatever flavours and add-ins that you want: cheese, spices,poppyseeds, etc. Original introdcution>>>"Adds a little more flavor to a plain biscuit. They are very fluffy too! I made these because I was sick of how plain biscuits can taste. I add sour cream to a lot of recipes and it seems to *fix* the flavor of some things, including biscuits."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Lightly spray or grease cookie sheet.
- 3In a large bowl, add biscuit mix.
- 4In a measuring cup, measure sour cream.
- 5In the same measuring cup, add water.
- 6Stir well till it looks like milk.
- 7Add to biscuit mix, knead with fingers.
- 8On a floured surface, roll out dough balls into flour to about 1/2 inch thick. Cut with a cookie cutter or rim of a glass.
- 9Bake for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Sour Cream Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (444 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 54.9
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 1.6 mg
- Sodium 145.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 1.0 g