Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Wonderfully simple soup, packed with flavours, and simple to make.
- 2 celery
- 3 carrots
- 2 leeks
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 zucchini
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (19 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon basil-garlic pesto sauce (add more to intensify flavours)
- 5 cups chicken stock or 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- Chop all ingredients into medium bite size pieces.
- Set zucchini aside for later.
- Add olive oil into your soup pot.
- Sauté all ingredients (approximately 5 minutes).
- Add diced tomatoes.
- Add chicken or vegetable stock.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- Add kidney beans.
- Add pesto (I usually add more to intensify flavours).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add zucchini; and continue to simmer for an additional 5 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- Serve with your choice of accompaniment; baguettes and cheese are good.