Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I had this at a baby shower and just had to get the recipe. It is very easy to make and does not take a lot of time to prepare. I hope you enjoy.
- 226.79 g soba noodles
for the salad
- 177.44 ml carrot, shredded
- 118.29 ml peanuts, chopped
- 59.14 ml green onion, diced
- 14.79 ml sesame oil
for the dressing
- 88.74 ml rice wine vinegar
- 59.16 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 59.14 ml sesame oil
- 1. Prepare the dressing by combining the rice wine vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, and 1/4 cup sesame oil.
- 2. Cook the noodles for about 5 minutes. Dry really well and mix with the carrots, peanuts, green onion, & 1 tablespoon of sesame oil.
- 3. Mix the salad with the dressing and serve.
Fantastic, simple Asian salad! To cut down on fat, I halved the amount of sesame oil and it was still wonderful. I love the versatility of this salad. You could leave it simple and use as a side salad and/ or add more veggies or cooked chicken/shrimp and call it a meal. Thanx for sharing this salad recipe!
ok 3rd times the charm i loved this salas ALOT i didnt add sugar carrots had enough for me added chunky peanut butter cause thats what i had . i loved the tartness of the vinegar im watching everything so the vinegar was my major player here go easy onthe soy sauce cause it cuts that taste next time i would add radishes and there will be a next time
*Absolutely delicious* This was the perfect Asian salad to serve with Grilled Asian Flank Steak. Made as written with a couple of adjustments, I reduced the sugar to 3 Tbls. and only 2 Tbls. sesame oil for the dressing mixture. I added 1/2 lb blanched snow peas and 1/4 sliced red pepper. Thanks for posting this fabulous recipe. *Made for Seasoned Sailor and his Sassy Sirens ZWT 6*