Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Another great find in the AllYou Nov. 2011 edition. Very easy to make and uses easy to find ingredients. Note: you have to cool pie crust completely before filling so allow time for that to happen.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 12 crackers processed to crumbs)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped (I have used semisweet chocolate chips)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Melt butter and let cool for the pie crust. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To make crust: Combine, cracker crumbs, cooled butter and sugar in a bowl. Mix well and transfer to a 9-inch pie plate. Press evenly over the bottom and sides of plate.
- Bake pie shell until firm about 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For filling: Bring cream to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Place chocolate in a bowl; pour cream on top. Let sit for 5 minutes, then stir until smooth.
- Whisk in eggs and vanilla.
- Pour chocolate mixture into crust.
- Bake until set, about 25 minutes. Cool on a rack.
- Just before serving, preheat broiler to high. Set an oven rack 5 inches from heat source.
- Spread marshmallows over top of pie. Broil until toasted WATCH CAREFULLY to prevent scorching - only takes about 20-30 SECONDS.
Fun and delicious! This was a success at a Labor Day cookout with friends. Great way to wrap up the summer. I made the crust and filling as directed, but then just spread marshmallow cream on top and torched it with my creme brulee torch. That seemed to work rather well, though the topping did ooze a little once the pie was cut into - I don't know if the mini marshmallows would do that. Thank you!
Wonderful pie!!! I made this exactly as written and it was a hit at our 4th of July weekend BBQ with my DS and his girlfriend!! This is a very rich, chocolate pie. I would suggest you cut 1/2 of your normal slice of pie. Brings back childhood memories of smores when I was off at camp. Thanks for sharing the recipe!!!