Another great find in the AllYou Nov. 2011 edition. Very easy to make and uses easy to find ingredients. Note: you have to cool pie crust completely before filling so allow time for that to happen.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 12 crackers processed to crumbs)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped (I have used semisweet chocolate chips)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Melt butter and let cool for the pie crust. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To make crust: Combine, cracker crumbs, cooled butter and sugar in a bowl. Mix well and transfer to a 9-inch pie plate. Press evenly over the bottom and sides of plate.
- Bake pie shell until firm about 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For filling: Bring cream to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Place chocolate in a bowl; pour cream on top. Let sit for 5 minutes, then stir until smooth.
- Whisk in eggs and vanilla.
- Pour chocolate mixture into crust.
- Bake until set, about 25 minutes. Cool on a rack.
- Just before serving, preheat broiler to high. Set an oven rack 5 inches from heat source.
- Spread marshmallows over top of pie. Broil until toasted WATCH CAREFULLY to prevent scorching - only takes about 20-30 SECONDS.