Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe calls for smoked chicken, but if you don't have that you can use any kind of chicken and add some liquid smoke or smoked paprika... Or it works great as a base recipe to follow for regular chicken salad.
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 4 cups cooked chicken (smoked)
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups mayonnaise
- *In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, add celery and pulse until it turns into a minced consistency. Remove from food processor and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add 2 cups of chicken to food processor and pulse until desired consistency is reached; transfer to the mixing bowl with the celery and pulse the remaining chicken in the food processor.
- Add onion, salt, pepper, and 1 cup mayonnaise to the celery and chicken; stir until blended. Add more mayonnaise if necessary.
- Serve on whole grain bread or on top of Triscuits for a healthy snack or light lunch.
- *If you like bigger chunks of celery, you can skip the first step and place chopped celery right into the mixing bowl.
- Try some additions if you'd like: Hard boiled eggs, Grapes, Apples, Chopped almonds or walnuts, Raisins, Cucumber, Pickle Relish.