Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 hrs
Slow-cooker pulled pork with few ingredients but great flavor. Variation of Ultimate Cheater Pulled Pork. Serve with your favorite BBQ sauce on a bun, topped with cole slaw.
- 4 -8 lbs pork butt
- dry rub seasonings (search on this site or a prepared rub such as Emeril's Essence)
- 2 -3 ounces TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce (not traditional Tabasco!)
- 8 ounces beef bouillon (or a dark beer)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup liquid smoke, depending on size of roast
- Remove any excess fat from pork. Rub dry rub on all sides of pork. Slather Chipotle Tabasco on all sides and rub in with your hands. (The previous steps may be done the night before if desired). Put pork into slow cooker, preferably on a small rack. Mix beef broth and Liquid Smoke; pour around edges (avoid washing rub off).
- Cook on high slow cooker setting for one hour, then low setting for eight hours.
- Remove pork from cooker. Discard any fat or bone. Shred pork with two forks. To keep warm for serving, put shredded pork into ovenproof dish, add a little of the cooking liquid to moisten, and return to drained slow cooker or cover with foil and put into 200 deg. oven.