Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
another slow cooker recipe that I have made an adjustment to. The brown sugar really adds flavor to it. This is one to try.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, and cut into rings
- 1 (16 ounce) jar picante sauce
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- Place chicken breasts in a slow cooker, with the bell pepper rings over top of the chichen.
- Combine picante, brown sugar, and mustard, and spoon over top of the chicken.
- Cover and cook for 4 1/2 hours.
I normally don't give 1 stars... We couldn't even eat this because it was so sweet. Sorry.
Simply good! Makes a great chicken meal to come home to - I used hot salsa and spicy brown mustard to give this dish a little heat. Served with white rice - DH and DS thoroughly enjoyed too.
Sooo good! Tons of flavor and great leftover. Serve over rice to catch the sauce!