Recipe by weekend cooker
I got this recipe from my sister, from her local newspaper, in seattle
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
The house absolutely smells wonderful while this is cooking. I could barely wait to finally taste this. I only used 2 t. of Italian seasoning, as 4 seemed like a bit much, and it was perfectly seasoned to our tastes. Even though I also added a cornstarch slurry, the sauce was still too thin for our liking. This would definitely be 5 stars if the consistency of the sauce could be improved. I served this over tagliatelle (after all, this is Italian).
- 1 lb round steak
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 (15 ounce) can Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 4 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 4 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
Directions See How It's Made
- cut steak into 1 inch cubes.
- Place beef into 4-5 quart slow cooker sprayed with vegetable cooking spray.
- Add mushrooms, italian tomatoes, beef broth, wine, italian seasoning, tapioca, and salt and pepper if desired.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.