Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Title says it best, but they're also really tasty and a great comfort food. This recipe came from a friend who had my 4 year old twins and me over for dinner. It's the first time both my kiddlets asked for THIRDS. I often substitute tomato sauce for the ketchup, as I'm not a fan of so much sugar. I also often sub out the garlic powder for a crushed garlic clove, but I'm a fan of fresh garlic. Also, it's a really easy dish to make when camping.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1) Brown the ground beef and drain.
- 2) Add all remaining ingredients. Stir well.
- 3) Cover and simmer on low for 1/2 hour.
- Viola! Serve over your favorite small hamburger buns and enjoy! Great with baked 'sweet potato fries' and a crisp green salad.
Good but a little sweet for me. I will reduce the ketchup to 3/4 cup next time.